USB CDC ACM modems proliferation in 10-modem.fdi - please stop

Alex Kanavin ak at sensi.org
Fri Nov 7 08:49:43 PST 2008

2008/11/7 Martin Pitt <martin.pitt at ubuntu.com>:
> Right, that would certainly be cool to have. However, the patch isn't
> even applied in upstream trunk hal, let alone made it to stable distro
> releases (which are regularly updated with new hal-infos). Thus I
> think for the time being we should continue to add those.
>
> I assume these entries in hal-info will work with a hal which has that
> prober. It needs to be backwards compatible, otherwise we'd need to
> fork hal-info, which should really be avoided.

Sure, that's ok. I just want to point out that the number of just the
Nokia models is huge and growing:
http://www.forum.nokia.com/devices/matrix_all_1.html
and the corresponding list in hal-info will always lag behind.

After the prober is integrated, we should probably review which
products could be dropped from hal-info.

--
Alexander