problems with crypted devices

Danny Kukawka danny.kukawka at web.de
Tue Oct 28 15:04:20 PDT 2008

Hi,

while investigating the problems caused by adding BDI, I run into another
problem with crypted (luks) devices. Everything works on my test machine with
0.5.11 but not with the first commit after the release.

The commit was:
commit 89dc09ce86f4fabcdcd91f87ed28b9d273a258a4
Author: Sjoerd Simons <sjoerd at luon.net>
Date:   Sun Mar 16 17:29:45 2008 +0100

    fix the processing of the hotplug queue

    This fixes the processing of the hotplug queue. It ensures that the queue
    is only processed by one call at a time. And it ensures the queue is
    re-processed from the start if needed (an event has finished or has been
    added at the beginning of the queue).

After this commit the mount points of the fixed (internal) devices/partitions
are no longer set/detected. I also lost some of the volumes.

Can someone confirm the problem?

Danny