Anybody is doing HAl netlink interface for ACPI changes?

Danny Kukawka danny.kukawka at web.de
Thu Oct 30 03:11:53 PDT 2008

On Donnerstag, 30. Oktober 2008, Yi Yang wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Len Brown has scheduled to remove all /proc interfaces, of course, this
> also includes /proc/acpi/event, you know hal needs /proc/acpi/event or
> unix domain socket /var/run/acpid.socket acpid creates to get all
> acpi-related events.
>
> The maintainer of acpid seems not to have too much to do that, hal
> should implement two ways as it did formerly, so anybody is doing it?
>
> If no one does, i can do it. it should be easy. :-)

Feel free to do so, also if I would prefer to get acpid fixed/ported to the
new interface since there are many other tools depending on acpid.

It would be IMO the best to port acpid. If someone would come up with a patch
for acpid I guess the maintainer would take it (otherwise we will find a
solution).

Danny