volume label parsing regression

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Thu Apr 9 00:00:25 PDT 2009

Hello Alberto,

Alberto Milone [2009-04-08 18:21 +0200]:
> I'm not sure as to whether this change caused the problem that I'm
> experiencing but my label seems to show up as %mnt%hdc5
>  instead of /mnt/hdc5:

> ID_FS_LABEL_ENC=\x2fmnt\x2fhdc5

2f is '/', so this looks correct.

> Furthermore if I compile a small program which has only
> hal_util_decode_escape() and hexdigit() and I pass "\x2fmnt\x2fhdc5" to
> hal_util_decode_escape() I get /mnt/hdc5.

Indeed.

> Any ideas as to what could be causing the problem?

It might be translated in the higher levels, like gvfs. Can you please
plug in the device and check the label in lshal? Does that have / or % ?

Since when did you get this regression? Does downgrading hal to the
previous version (without my patch) help?

Thanks,

Martin