HAL not detecting my HID input devices?

Patryk Zawadzki patrys at pld-linux.org
Mon Apr 20 04:10:24 PDT 2009

On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 12:24 PM, Dirk <noisyb at gmx.net> wrote:
> some people are quite happy with only 1 hardware abstraction layer (the
> kernel)... but now they managed to snuck their crap into distributions
> as dependency(!) and i'm frustrated enough about that to make an ass of
> myself here if it helps in demotivating them.. :)

Sure, I feel your pain. Back then it was enough to bring a shoe box
full of punchcards, now they've added a monitor and a keyboard as
dependencies(!).

It's called progress. And while we're at it, HAL will eventually be
phased out in favor of udev (merged with DeviceKit). I hope you don't
hate udev too (no, static /dev/ is not going to work in the age of
dynamic device majors in kernel).

;)

--
Patryk Zawadzki