HAL not detecting my HID input devices?

Simon Thum simon.thum at gmx.de
Mon Apr 20 07:21:42 PDT 2009

Dirk wrote:
> Simon Thum wrote:
>> Dirk wrote:

>> You're essentially wasting your time, but everyone should make his own
>> opinion. I think dirk's problem is not as technical as he claims.
>>
>> http://www.google.de/search?q=noisyb%40gmx.net
>>

> it's called "giving feedback"... it's a kind of social interaction where
> you can address technical problems or solutions..
""giving feedback"". "social interaction".

You didn't even bother to try my solution. Maybe because it wasn't your
problem? How's that interaction, let alone social? [0]

> people not comfortable with it search for my email in google, send me
> links to ESR's http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html, or
> call me a troll...
Recurring patterns in the technical and social domain -> layer 9 problem

> what remains is the fact that someone said what many think but don't
> care to articulate because, usually, nobody cares to give feedback about
> things that suck...
Nobody cares to check their newly-running linux for all supposedly
related mailinglists and send out appraisal. Your implication works as
well as your "social interactions".

If you want to make a difference, learn that 'polite' thing, and grow
up. It's not that hard.

[0] Any questions are meant for you to yourself. I'm not interested in
your answer, and I doubt anyone is.