Problems with mounting removable Devices

Daniel Spannbauer ds at marco.de
Thu Apr 23 07:23:03 PDT 2009

Patryk Zawadzki schrieb:
> On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 3:59 PM, Dirk <noisyb at gmx.net> wrote:
>> Daniel Spannbauer wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I'm working on a System running SuSE 10.2
>>> On some machines I'm having problems to mount removable devices
>>> (USB-Sticks, CD-ROMs) trough hal.
>>> When I plug in a USB-STick I get a Windows on KDE which asks me if I
>>> want to open a new Windows to display the Files on the stick. Wehn I
>>> click jes I only get a message "A security policy in place prevents this
>>> sender from sending this message to thi
>>> s recipient, see message bus configuration file (rejected message had
>>> interface
>>> "org.freedesktop.Hal.Device.Volume" member "Mount" error name "(unset)"
>>> destinat
>>> ion "org.freedesktop.Hal")"
>>>
>>> Can somebody help me to debug this?
>
> I'd start by checking your PolicyKit (and/or ConsoleKit) installation.
> Does your user have the necessary permissions to mount removable
> volumes? What filesystem does your USB stick use?

Ok, I`m a step closer.
The Problem: We authenticate our users against ldap.
An hal or dbus is having problems with that.
I have modifcated the /etc/dbus/system.d/hal.conf. Now, the default for
all users is "allow" instead of "deny"..
But now, I get the error "hal-storage-removable-mount refused uid 2015",
which is my uid. As user root I get the same error, only the uid is 0 then.

Regards

Daniel

--
Daniel Spannbauer                         Software Entwicklung
marco Systemanalyse und Entwicklung GmbH  Tel   +49 8333 9233-27 Fax -11
http://www.marco.de/                      Email ds at marco.de
Geschäftsführer Martin Reuter             HRB 171775 Amtsgericht München