Patch: add quirks for Asus EEE PC 900

Frederic Crozat fcrozat at mandriva.com
Wed Feb 4 02:11:30 PST 2009

Le mardi 03 février 2009 à 17:26 +0000, Matthew Garrett a écrit :
> On Tue, Feb 03, 2009 at 04:39:35PM +0100, Frederic Crozat wrote:
>
> > it adds the same quirk as Asus EEE PC 701 for Asus EEE PC 900 (it is the
> > same hardware as 701, just bigger screen).
>
> For which kernel? This shouldn't be needed on anything shipped lately.

Well, I'm not the one who added 701 initially, so I don't know.

Anyway, I've just checked with kernel 2.6.27.7 on Eee PC 701 and quirks
are no longer needed indeed.

But I'm not sure what we should do :
- change to quirks.none, but if some people upgrade hal-info and have an
old kernel, suspend will no longer work
- add a check on kernel version in fdi but it is going to be painful to
handle.

I've also noticed Danny fixed my patch from string to string_out so it
means my patch was in reality not applying quirks for 701 for Mandriva
distro (and we didn't got any complain from our users ;)

So, I guess we can change the quirks to none now.
--
Frederic Crozat <fcrozat at mandriva.com>
Mandriva