sound issue on openSUSE 11.0 Acer Asprire one

Dieter Jurzitza dieter.jurzitza at t-online.de
Sun Feb 8 01:54:14 PST 2009

Dear listmembers,
I have openSUSE 11.0 running on an Acer Aspire one. Everything works like a
charm - except the sound output for users.

I am forced to add my regular user to the group "audio" in order to get sound
working for non-root.

Anyone having a hint for me why this could happen? getfacl
on /dev/snd/<somedevice> always shows that the regular user cannot access.

Is there probably an issue because there is no cdrom in the system?
Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks for looking into this,
take care

Dieter Jurzitza

                                \

if you really want to see the pictures above - use some font
with constant spacing like courier! :-)