consolekit and user groups

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Thu Jan 22 08:21:06 PST 2009

On Thu, January 22, 2009 7:36 am, Kay Sievers wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 15:54, William Jon McCann
>> Yeah, ConsoleKit was designed with all this in mind.  There are only a
>> few bits left to do.  Some of these are described here:
>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Desktop/Whiteboards/Multiseat
>>
>> David and Kay were looking into this a bit recently so maybe they can
>> give an update.
>
> We don't have anything specific so far, we just put basic udev
> infrastructure in place, no implementation of such features.
>
> We will come up with the udev managed ACLs, which will use udev rules
> instead of HAL fdi files. The "seat" thing will probably just a
> special-case of the user ACLs, and we will keep that in mind when we
> come up with a prototype for the udev/ConsoleKit ACL management. For
> now it's nothing but the collection of ideas how to possibly do it.

If/when you get to the point where you need a crash-test dummy, I'd be
happy to test it for you.  For now I can hard-code the users in udev, as
(for now) I typically have the same users at each seat.

--Yan

--
  o__

You are an adult when you realize that everyone's an idiot sometimes. You
are wise when you include yourself.