help needed

Graduation Project graduation_project_2009 at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 27 12:37:01 PDT 2009

--- On Sat, 6/27/09, Graduation Project <graduation_project_2009 at yahoo.com> wrote:

From: Graduation Project <graduation_project_2009 at yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: help needed
To: "Maciej Grela" <maciej.grela at gmail.com>
Date: Saturday, June 27, 2009, 7:34 PM

--- On Fri, 6/26/09, Maciej Grela <maciej.grela at gmail.com> wrote:

From: Maciej Grela <maciej.grela at gmail.com>
To: "Graduation Project" <graduation_project_2009 at yahoo.com>
Date: Friday, June 26, 2009, 4:37 PM

2009/6/26 Graduation Project <graduation_project_2009 at yahoo.com>:
> hi,
>     we are students at cairo university, we are writing some modules for the
> new open solaris OS as agraduation project , we need to use the HAL in our
> modules (to
 get list of devices attached to computer, enable driver ,
> disable driver, ...), however we can't find any tutorial for using libhal on
> the internet. so if you can guide us to such tutorial (we prefer python, but
> c++ is also OK) we will be very thankful.
> thank you.

Have you found this info written by the guy who ported HAL to opensolaris ?

http://opensolaris.org/os/project/tamarack/hal_re.html

Br,
Maciej Grelathanks alot for your help,    we have read the link, but we still need some documentation about the Method calls of the hal manager (some detailed explanation of what each available method does exactly)for example: what type of o/p does this code produce (e.g. array of strings?), and what other method calls are there that we can use for different
 purposes
bus = dbus.SystemBus()
hal_manager_object = bus.get_object('org.freedesktop.Hal', '/org/freedesktop/Hal/Manager')
hal_manager_interface = dbus.Interface(hal_manager_object, 'org.freedesktop.Hal.Manager')
print hal_manager_interface.GetAllDevices()