hal 0.5.14 released

Robby Workman rw at rlworkman.net
Mon Nov 30 21:49:57 PST 2009

On Mon, 30 Nov 2009 23:38:07 +0100
Martin Pitt <martin.pitt at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> Requirements for HAL 0.5.14 did not change since the last release.

Hrm... maybe I'm missing something obvious here, but after configure,
I get this:

  use libusb:                       no

The usb-specific lines in configure output are:

  checking for /usr/share/usb.ids... yes
  configure: WARNING: autodetected usb.ids in /usr/share
  checking usb.h usability... yes
  checking usb.h presence... yes
  checking for usb.h... yes
  checking for usb_find_devices in -lusb... yes
  checking for libusb20_dev_get_info in -lusb... no

It appears that *maybe* this libusb20_dev_get_info is specific to
freebsd, but config.log says my HALD_BACKEND=linux (as it should).
So... what am I missing here?  This is with libusb-1.0.6 and
libusb-compat-0.1.3 installed.

-RW