Definition for Magic Mouse assistance with XML foo.

Martin S. compiz at sukimashita.com
Mon Mar 8 10:18:11 PST 2010

On Fri, 2010-03-05 at 23:11 -0600, Mike Mestnik wrote:
> Yes, I know there are two devices.  From what I can tell event7 is
> what I would like to connect two, it currently spits out data when I
> touch the mouse(that is I don't cause any input that's currently
> interpreted).  Most of the mouse's event(s) are accessible on this
> device, the top of the mouse is one big button that clicks when you
> press down.  I don't get an event when I do this(while not touching
> the multi-touchpad), but when I release I get 64 bytes from the mouse.

Don't want to spoil the fun, but you should know about this:
http://github.com/entrope/linux-magicmouse

It's a driver to support the Apple Magic Mouse along it's multitouch
functionality. It will be merged into the upstream Kernel soon.

After setting it up things like scrolling, middle click, right click and
so on work. The "advanced" multitouch functionality and raw event data
you talk about is also being exposed for more advanced use cases.

--- Martin S.