pm-utils-1.3.0 has been released

Victor Lowther victor.lowther at gmail.com
Tue Mar 16 21:16:16 PDT 2010

pm-utils 1.3.0 Release Announcement

* Take over responsibility for maintaining the video quirk database
from HAL. We were the primary users of that functionality, and HAL is
going away in the near future.
  * The 1.3.0 release tarball does not contain the video quirk
database. You can use the provided import-fdi-quirkdb utility to grab
the video quirk database from HAL, or you can untar
http://pm-utils.freedesktop.org/releases/pm-quirks-20100316.tar.gz
into $PM_UTILS_LIBDIR/video-quirks/.
  * The hook that handles querying the native quirk database is
written in bash, and relies on the regex support in bash3 and above.
Those of you who eschew bash or prefer to kick it bash2 style should
probably stick with the 1.2 series for now.
* Added --quirk-test to allow you to use exactly the quirks you
specify on the commandline, overriding the sanity checking the native
quirk handler performs. This can cause your system to crash in new and
exciting ways. You have been warned.
* Track whether suspend/hibernate succeeded, and handle things as
appropriately as we can. This mostly involves telling whoever called
us that something failed by exiting with a return code > 127.
* Add a native suspend-hybrid method. This involves scheduling a
wakeup call through the RTC for 900 seconds in the future, going to
sleep, and hibernating at wakeup if we woke up 900 seconds later. If
the hibernate fails for any reason we just go back to suspend.
* We can profile the entire suspend/resume process to see how much
time is taken by each of the hooks. See the documentation for
PM_PROFILE for more information.