[Pm-utils] pm-utils-1.3.0 has been released

Victor Lowther victor.lowther at gmail.com
Wed Mar 17 11:50:21 PDT 2010

On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 11:54 AM, Martin Pitt <martin.pitt at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> Michael Biebl [2010-03-17 17:23 +0100]:
>> I'm all for that, because I think the import process also has the
>> potential risk of breaking something.
>> Importing it once into pm-utils, then carefully checking if the
>> imported database looks sane,  and adding/modifying enties looks like
>> a much more robust solution to me.
>
> +1, FWIW.

Yeah, the current import needs to be gone over with a fine toothed
comb.  I did some sanity checking (and found some places where the
import script was getting it wrong), but the more eyes the merrier.

>> I would actually prefer, if we just shipped the quirks within the
>> pm-utils tarball.
>> Looking at the git branch, it looks like Victor wants to keep them in
>> a separate tarball, even if they are in the same git repo.
>
> Victor, did that happen more or less by accident, or was it a
> conscious decision? I could envision a separate git tree for being
> able to give more people commit privileges to the quirks git, while
> keeping the privileges for pm-utils itself relatively tight?

The separate branch was a conscious decision.  I want to keep the
quirks separate from the pm-utils code to guarantee that quirks
updates and code updates will be separate.

I have no problem with creating a separate repo for them, I just don't
know how to do that on fd.o. I think it is a good idea to give wider
commit access to the quirks -- at the very least, all the distro
pm-utils maintainers should have commit rights to the quirks.