HAL mount result differs if invoked by HAL

潘图 patula111 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 26 07:18:12 PDT 2011

Hi,

in order to have my msdos device being able to use correct charset i am
using a fuse module. Here is what I do:

root> mount_msdosfs -L zh_CN.GBK /dev/msdosfs/device /mnt/tmp
root> fusexmp_fh
-oallow_other,modules=iconv:subdir,from_code=GBK,subdir=/mnt/tmp
/media/CW-P7EOS-X

This allows me to have chinese/japanese Names in the Folder/File Name
even if created on windows.

If I do not use the fusexmp_fh, but only the mount_msdosfs, all
filenames with chin/jap names in it will be displayed as (invalid encoding).

No I have created a wrapper with the name mount_msdosfs and move the
actual binary to another place. This wrapper does the 2 commands above
automatically.

So when I am under my gnome environment and plug in my USB Device with
msdos filesystem, HAL calls the mount_msdosfs (which is now the wrapper)
and this script does the two commands above.

The only problem is, that the result differ, if invoked by HAL or if
invoked manually.

If I call the wrapper script, everything works well, if HAL does the
thing (with the exact same paramter), both locations are mounted as
expected, but in the /media/CW-P7EOS-X mount all Files/Folders with
chin/jap. Name in it do not appear.

I have absolutely no idea why it is like this. I can do it by hand with
the exact same command and parameter and everything goes well, but HAL
give strange results.

So I am looking for a place, where I can see any HAL errors.

Here are my System Details:

> uname -a
FreeBSD host.domain 9.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 9.0-CURRENT #3: Mon May 23
07:20:47 CST 2011
root at trinity.the-wire.de:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/TRINKERNEL  i386

>hald --version
HAL package version: 0.5.14

Any help on this is appreciated, I am trying to write a fully functional
wrapper, that remove the charset Problem of msdos devices between
windows (utf-16 i think) and *bsd systems, so that we can use chin/jap
names in folders and files even if been created under windows.

Best wishes
Patu