[HarfBuzz] HB/FT intergration with Python and PHP?

Adam Twardoch list.adam at twardoch.com
Fri Dec 15 21:24:59 PST 2006

I wonder if you guys have a clue what kinds of lightweight
implementations are available that would allow simple text imaging from
Python, and from PHP.

I'm looking for opensource ways to implement something like this:
http://www.bitstream.com/font_rendering/products/panorama/panowebdemo.html
so I presume this would also need to integrate FreeType.

Is it possible to apply arbitrary OpenType Layout features in HB using
the feature tags ("smcp", "onum" etc.)? Also, is it possible to
explicitly apply features for specific languagesystems (e.g. latn/TRK or
cyrl/SRB)?

Regards,
Adam