[HarfBuzz] Testing HarfBuzz in Qt

Behdad Esfahbod behdad at behdad.org
Thu Dec 6 13:26:51 PST 2007

Hi Simon, others,

Something about me not having luck with testing Qt.  I was testing this
IranNastaliq font, worked perfectly with Pango, but couldn't test it in
kedit.  I'm running qt-3.3.8-9.fc8 though, I assume Qt4 is much better.
But what kept me from doing any useful testing was kedit's bidi
handling.  It's been like that for years: text goes off the screen from
the right side.  I can't imagine it being so broken for so long, so
there should be something I'm doing wrong.  Not sure.

Anyway, the font and Pango rendering can be found here:

http://mces.blogspot.com/2007/11/most-beautiful-persian-opentype-font.html

And I'm attaching the text for your convenience.

...very few phenomena can pull someone out of Deep Hack Mode, with two
noted exceptions: being struck by lightning, or worse, your *computer*
being struck by lightning.  -- Matt Welsh