[HarfBuzz] Indic Testing Team

प्रविण सातपुते pravin.d.s at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 00:29:11 PDT 2009

2009/8/25 A S Alam <apreet.alam at gmail.com>

> On ਸ਼ਨਿੱਚਰਵਾਰ  22 ਅਗਸਤ 2009 07:55 ਸਵੇਰੇ, Harshula wrote:
>  Kannada :
> >> Gurumukhi (Punjabi) :
> >

> Would like to work for Gurmukhi (Punjabi).

cool, thats look nice

as per written by Behdad earlier test data should be something like,

>>INPUT: U+1234,U+5678 # some comment
we will get unicode characters easily by python

http://pravin-s.blogspot.com/2008/09/python-tricks.html

>>FONT: Some Font Name 24
i think it will be nice if we use lohit fonts or only same font for testing,
i am suggesting lohit since its available for all indic lanaguege, also i
will be happy to quick fix any problem if from font side.

>OUTPUT: <1,0,0>,<5,10,30>

>>Where the output tuples are glyph id, X and Y.
>>Something like that can be processed into whatever format we end up
adopting
>>later.

i dont know how to get this presently,
i think pdf will be useful for test file format

Second thing since we wanna make harfbuzz compatible with windows vista
local renderer,
do we should generate pdf from Windows Vista only? dont know which font
lohit or with Vista local fonts only

behdad can you clarify my doubt little bit

Thanks & Regards,