[HarfBuzz] HarfBuzz HackFest report

Evan Martin evan at chromium.org
Wed Nov 4 16:26:35 PST 2009

On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 10:38 AM, Behdad Esfahbod <behdad at behdad.org> wrote:
> At the rate this is developing, by the end of the week we should have
> basic shaper (Latin, Cyrillic, CJK, ...) and Arabic+Syriac working
> perfectly and tackling Indic family. We're closer to 1.0 than you may
> think!

That is good news.  Is it worth beginning work on porting WebKit to use this?

I notice git://git.freedesktop.org/~behdad/harfbuzz-ng seems to not
include some of the pieces you mentioned (ICU for example, but also
hb-shape is more or less empty) -- is there a different tree I should
be tracking to follow progress?

One reason I'm eager to look at this is to be able to provide early
feedback as to how well proposed APIs will work.  Do 1.0's plans
include writing comments or docs on the API?  :)