[HarfBuzz] arabic positioning without gpos
evan at chromium.org
Thu Jan 14 14:17:12 PST 2010
On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 12:32 PM, Khaled Hosny <khaledhosny at eglug.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 11:53:56AM -0800, Evan Martin wrote:
>> This code obviously works for the other users of Harfbuzz, so I must
>> be missing something in my understanding. (Maybe the glyph advances
>> for Arabic vowels should always be zero?
> AFAIK, yes, actually I think this is true for any glyph of combining
> marks class.
I found this function in Pango:
* @buffer: a #PangoOTBuffer
* @zero_width_marks: %TRUE if characters with a mark class should
* be forced to zero width.
* Sets whether characters with a mark class should be forced to zero width.
* This setting is needed for proper positioning of Arabic accents,
* but will produce incorrect results with standard OpenType Indic
* Since: 1.6
Pango calls this from the Arabic shaper. Perhaps such a hack belongs
More information about the HarfBuzz