[HarfBuzz] 'init' OT feature in Hebrew

Maxim Iorsh iorsh at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Nov 12 11:06:36 PST 2010

Hi Behdad,

Please find attached the font. The letter "lamed" (afii57676) has a long
swash ascender, which causes the word beginning with it to look connected to
the preceding word. By using 'init' I'm trying to prevent it and to replace
afii57676 with lamed.initial (U+e000), which has a more modest ascender.

Regarding the principle of 'init', I couldn't see any feature which would
better fit for this purpose. The description at the Adobe site doesn't state
this is Arabic-specific or like. Do you know any feature which could be used
instead?

Thank you,
 -- Maxim.