[HarfBuzz] Harfbuzz version

Behdad Esfahbod behdad at behdad.org
Fri Nov 12 13:11:32 PST 2010

On 11/12/10 15:48, Chris Scaife wrote:
> Hello all,

Hi Chris, welcome to the list.

> I am writing a terminal emulator as an learning experience and would
> like to do a comprehensive implementation.

Humm.  Being the maintainer of 'vte' myself, may I suggest that you consider
studying the vte code and contribute there?  We can use a couple hands.

> For compatibility with things
> like ncurses I need to have full control of glyph positioning and so I
> feel my best option might be to interface the font stack through Harfbuzz.
>
> Where can I find a Harfbuzz distribution and description of the current
> API that I can use with my project please?

Unless you want to support Indic, Arabic, etc, it would be easier to just use
something like cairo or Xft directly.  If you still rather use HarfBuzz, well,
this is the one paragraph summary:

  http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/harfbuzz/2010-October/000905.html

Cheers,
behdad