[HarfBuzz] A few HarfBuzz-ng questions

Keith Stribley devel at thanlwinsoft.org
Fri Nov 19 19:32:05 PST 2010

On 11/19/2010 01:38 AM, Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
> On 11/18/10 03:11, Keith Stribley wrote:
>> I created a tool called grsvg which now allows ICU, HB and Gr rendering
>> to be compared next to each other,
> Interesting.  I know you shared the repo with us before, but can you point it
> out again?

http://scripts.sil.org/svn/graphite/grutils/trunk use CMake to configure
the build.
> Also, mind adding Pango support?

Not in principle, just a matter of time.

>> Unfortunately I can't compare old-hb
>> and Harfbuzz-ng side by side with the same binary because of symbol name
>> clashes.
> Really?  We have completely different naming conventions.  I'd be surprised if
> there's a clash.

There seem to be conflicts between hb-buffer.h in the new harfbuzz and
harfbuzz-buffer.h in the old. e.g. hb_buffer_clear and
hb_buffer_add_glyph. There may be other places, but that's what the
compiler tells me to start with. I'm not sure how likely this is to
cause problems if an application links to say a pango using hbng and the
old hb in some other way. Visibility compiler options probably prevent
it being a problem in cases like say QT.

Keith