[HarfBuzz] how to migrate from older harfbuzz to harfbuzz-ng

suzuki toshiya mpsuzuki at hiroshima-u.ac.jp
Mon Nov 29 22:27:13 PST 2010

Hi,

The website of HarfBuzz http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/HarfBuzz
notes about old HarfBuzz aslike:

	The old HarfBuzz tree, derived from FreeType, Pango, and Qt, is available here.
	It is in maintenance mode and not actively developed.
	We expect users of this code base to start moving to harfbuzz-ng soon.

Is there any document or good example showing how to migrate to harfbuzz-ng?
I think Pango is not typical example, because it uses their own shaping engine
(harfbuzz is used a OpenType parser), and moving to harfbuzz-ng shaping engine.
I'm looking for the document or example that uses old harfbuzz shaping engine
and migrates to harfbuzz-ng shaping engine.

Searching the software projects using hb_shape(), the shaper API in harfbuzz-ng,
via Google codesearch, I could not find appropriate projects. If anybody knows,
please let me know.

Regards,
mpsuzuki