[HarfBuzz] Compiling harfbuzz-ng under Mac OS 10.6

suzuki toshiya mpsuzuki at hiroshima-u.ac.jp
Sun Jan 9 11:26:42 PST 2011

Hi,

I'm quite sorry for giving wrong advise and could not solve
the problem. Now I think the reason of autogen failure is
because of the lack of pkg.m4 (autoconf macro in pkg-config).
If I copy pkg.m4 to harfbuzz-ng top directory and execute as:

glibtoolize --copy --force --automake && \
aclocal -I. && \
autoheader && \
automake --add-missing --gnu -Wall && \
autoconf -I.

configure is generated successfully and it can be executed
without error by undefined macro.

If I have not made a mistake in the installation of Apple's SDK,
SDK installs pkg-config's database files (xxx.pc) to
/usr/lib/pkgconfig & /usr/X11R6/lib/pkgconfig, but does not
install pkg-config & pkg.m4. It's slightly confusing...

--

Behdad, could you comment about whether autogen.sh should
check the availability of pkg-config? I've never seen autogen.sh

In addition, I have another question about current autogen.sh:
why ACLOCAL_FLAGS are set to empty always? Are there any troubles
if we use the value set by environment variable?

Regards,
mpsuzuki