[HarfBuzz] Compiling harfbuzz-ng under Mac OS 10.6

Behdad Esfahbod behdad at behdad.org
Mon Jan 10 14:24:09 PST 2011

On 01/10/11 16:38, Deron Kazmaier wrote:

> I understand that. Just wondering what "advanced" features will be missing
> during my exploring, and how critical it will be for my purposes (I realize
> you can't answer the second). I understate that if required, I'll create my
> own functions.

To begin with, in right-to-left text (like Arabic) all your brackets will
point in the wrong direction.  Plus, with many popular fonts, your combining
marks will not be positioned correctly (if the font doesn't have a GDEF
table).  That's it for now, but in the coming weeks I'll finish a lot more
fallback code that uses more of the unicode callbacks.

You can always do without and see if it does enough...