[HarfBuzz] Indic expertise wanted

Behdad Esfahbod behdad at behdad.org
Wed Jun 8 10:48:31 PDT 2011

Hello list,

As you may have noticed I've started implementing an Indic shaper for HarfBuzz
from scratch.  Over the past week I've studied the Unicode section on
Devanagari and other Indic scripts, the OpenType specs on them, some other
sources, the old Pango Indic shaper, and the draft HarfBuzz one from Jonathan
Kew, and studied them all again.

I think I now just enough to be able to keep up a meaningful conversation with
Unicode Indic experts, and ask the right questions to go about the
implementation.  As such, I'm seeking Unicode Indic experts who can answer my
questions.  Let me know offline.

Cheers!