[HarfBuzz] Hooking up HarfBuzz with Android 2.3

Muthu Nedumaran fontwork at murasu.com
Fri Sep 2 20:15:16 PDT 2011

Hi List,

Has any one tried hooking HarfBuzz into Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) for CTL?  I see it in the source tree and am also able to compile it with the AOSP source.  I believe I need to do more than that to get CTL working.

I tried looking at some efforts that got Arabic shaping to work.  I believe they have used the presentation forms - which means every glyph used has a Unicode.  This will not work for Indic.

Appreciate any pointers.

Cheers!

~ MUTHU