[HarfBuzz] List of languages supported by harfbuzz

Shriramana Sharma samjnaa at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 02:15:33 PDT 2012

On Wed, Jul 4, 2012 at 2:40 PM, Samiullah Khawaja
<sami.khawaja at gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there a list of languages supported by harfbuzz? Or it supports all the
> languages that are supported by the font in use?

HB doesn't support "languages". It supports "scripts". And HB's OT
component has a specific list of scripts it supports. HB also supports
Graphite, which requires no previous knowledge of the script being
used. As for the OT list of scripts, I suppose src/hb-common.h in the
source tree would be an indication but I'm not much knowledgeable
about HB internals or OT.

--
Shriramana Sharma