[HarfBuzz] List of languages supported by harfbuzz

Tom Hacohen tom.hacohen at samsung.com
Thu Jul 5 05:51:27 PDT 2012

On 05/07/12 15:44, Samiullah Khawaja wrote:
> I am building harfbuzz for Android, I have created a make file for it
> and have also compiled the harfbuzz code. Now for arabic do I need the
> icu or glib unicode functions? or the unicode nil function should do the
> job?

As I said, for Arabic support you'll have to do proper BiDi handling,
i.e use Fribidi or ICU. As for the unicode functions: I think they are
used in harfbuzz only for script detection, wide-characters and mirrored
characters (probably more), so if you are willing to give up on those
(and I bet you aren't) you can provide the nil unicode functions.
Otherwise, you probably need to provide proper ones.

> Can I use libunistring for unicode functions if nil won't work?

I'm sorry, but I'm not familiar with this library.

--
Tom.