[HarfBuzz] HEH GOAL WITH HAMZA ABOVE(0x06C2) error in arabic

datao zhang dataozhang at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 11 20:12:44 PDT 2012

Hi Behdad:
When i try to draw the text "U+0628,U+06C2,U+06C2,U+0020" with harfbuzz, i find it is rendered differently  in windows 7. please see attachment file. After checking the hb-ot-shape-complex-arabic-table.hh, I found U+06C2 joining type was JOINING_TYPE_D (double joining).  I don’t know why Unicode specifies it double joining, it really does not make any sense. At least, when render the text, it should be treated as single joining type.

Br,
Dean