[HarfBuzz] HEH GOAL WITH HAMZA ABOVE(0x06C2) error in arabic

datao zhang dataozhang at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 12 07:38:39 PDT 2012

Hi JK:
Thanks your reply. But, in windows 7, the <U+0628,U+06C2,U+06C2> and <U+0628,U+06C1, U+0654,U+06C2> will be rendered as different glyphs, refer to the attachment. I use the "msuighur.ttf" font file of win 7 to display such text, there is no medial glyph for U+06C2 in the font file. It seems win7 shape engine will treat U+062C as single joining.
I also check other open source font file, example: DroidSansArabic.ttf, there is no medial glyph for U+06C2. So it seems most of font not include medial glyph for U+062C.

I think it better that treat U+062C as a single joining same as win7 shape engine.

Br,
Dean