[HarfBuzz] Lemongrass HarfBuzz Hackfest, end of day 2

Behdad Esfahbod behdad at behdad.org
Tue Jul 17 20:56:49 PDT 2012

Hi,

Today we made more progress on Khmer.  In particular:

  - We changed how we apply Indic presentation forms, to apply them all
together, such that fonts decide how to order lookups.

  - Attach Halants to post-base consonants.

  - Recognize final consonants as occur in Khmer.

  - Apply the 'cfar' feature the way Uniscribe does (yes, that feature exists!).

  - Better recognize base consonant in scripts without half forms.

  - Recognize Khmer register shifter and other signs.

  - Position Khmer Robat correct (not Malayalam Reph-Dot yet).

and

  - Add hb_buffer_normalize_glyphs() and hb-shape --normalize-glyphs

Cheers,