[HarfBuzz] GObject Introspection Change & HarfBuzz version

Dominik Röttsches dominik.rottsches at intel.com
Mon Jul 23 04:11:39 PDT 2012

Hi Behdad,

I am working on incorporating HarfBuzz NG into EFL WebKit, and WebKit
GTK as well, if I have time.

Maybe you can give me some advise on what version / commit I should be
using.
So far, I used the 0.9.0 tarball from here:
http://www.freedesktop.org/software/harfbuzz/release/harfbuzz-20120627.tar.bz2

What's the release cycle of harfbuzz, and which hash is a good stable
release?

One more particular request I would have:
After commit 1bc1cb36
several HarfBuzz type lost their prefix _ (underscore).
Since WebKit copies this typedef and different ports of WebKit use
different versions of HarfBuzz, can we have a bumped minor version for
this so that I could distinguish before and after this particular commit
by minor version?
Would that make sense?

Thanks & regards,

Dominik