[HarfBuzz] HarfBuzz.old backend in new HarfBuzz

Behdad Esfahbod behdad at behdad.org
Thu Jul 26 09:35:20 PDT 2012

On 07/26/2012 03:26 AM, Martin Hosken wrote:
> Dear Behdad,
>
>> Pretty much like the Uniscribe and CoreText backends, this new backend is
>> primarily for testing, and may be removed in the future (after I have
>> convinced everyone to move to the real HarfBuzz).
>
> Is now the right time to ask for the reenabling of the graphite backend?

Not really.  I'm trying to finish the native backend and get it in the field.
 Graphite backedn only distracts me from that.

Plus, based on previous experience, I think I'm going to disable all
non-native backends by default.  It will be another story after Firefox people
do their fuzz testing and find that Graphite2 is fairly stable.

That said, I'm pulling and building graphitedev right now.  Is that the
version I should be looking at?

behdad