[HarfBuzz] HarfBuzz 1.0 API; the message you were hoping would never come

Werner LEMBERG wl at gnu.org
Sun Dec 22 22:06:09 PST 2013

> With no further comments, lets get to the list of changes I like to
> discuss: [...]

Unfortunately, my knowledge of HarfBuzz is (yet) too limited to give
useful comments.  However, I'm wondering whether the yet-to-come
splitting of HarfBuzz into two or more libraries does affect the API.

BTW, have a look at the current version of the FreeType git
repository: It now uses HarfBuzz :-) Due to the already discussed
chicken-and-egg problem, only `development mode' (i.e. `make devel;
make') activates it.

    Werner