[Hieroglyph] Building Hieroglyph by old gcc

Akira TAGOH at at gclab.org
Mon Apr 3 08:07:45 PDT 2006

>>>>> On Mon, 3 Apr 2006 08:59:39 +0900,
>>>>> "mpsuzuki" == mpsuzuki at hiroshima-u.ac.jp wrote:

mpsuzuki> Hi
mpsuzuki> Sorry for my previous post in Japanese.

mpsuzuki> If I try to build Hieroglyph by older gcc-3.x,
mpsuzuki> it complains a few parts as they seem to use
mpsuzuki> uninitialized variables, although gcc-4.x does
mpsuzuki> not. Following is my fix, I wish it does not
mpsuzuki> change algorithm itself. At least, all "make check"
mpsuzuki> targets are passed.

Thanks. Though some of them weren't still reproducible for
me, I'll commit them.

mpsuzuki> BTW, yet I could not build Hieroglyph by more older
mpsuzuki> gcc (gcc-2.9x.y). For example, gcc-2.95.3 complains
mpsuzuki> another part like this:

Hmm, yes, I'm aware of this issue since that relies on the
flexible array member feature for C99. I'll look into it

Thanks for reminding me anyway.