[immodule-qt] Re: Re: A "deadline" for development?

YamaKen yamaken at bp.iij4u.or.jp
Wed Aug 4 03:25:39 EEST 2004

At Tue, 3 Aug 2004 16:04:56 +0000,
liucougar at gmail.com wrote:

> On Tue, 03 Aug 2004 18:11:42 +0900, YamaKen <yamaken at bp.iij4u.or.jp> wrote:
> > But just importing is welcome. Please do it carefully with svn
> > cp to enable diff-ing without expensive time consuming. Our
> > current trees are lacking the diff-ing capability.
> What do you mean by "diff-ing" capability please?

I meant "performing svn diff with reasonable time".

In our current repository, following operation costs me about 31
minutes. I think that this is caused by duplicate importing of
the 2 trees.

time svn diff --old svn+ssh://freedesktop.org/svn/immqt/vendor/qt-x11-free --new svn+ssh://freedesktop.org/svn/immqt/immodule-qt-x11/trunk

If the trunk had been started as a copy of vendor/qt-x11-free by
"svn cp", we will be able to perform the svn diff from official
Qt 3.3.2 using less time.

See 'Cheap Copies' article of follosing page for more detailed
intention.

http://svnbook.red-bean.com/svnbook/ch04s02.html#svn-ch-4-sect-2.1

YamaKen  yamaken at bp.iij4u.or.jp