[immodule-qt] Re: [i18n] Re: Updated: qt-immodule

Thierry Vignaud tvignaud at mandrakesoft.com
Wed Aug 4 17:43:25 EEST 2004

UTUMI Hirosi <utuhiro78 at yahoo.co.jp> writes:

> > > Qt-immodule doesn't influence XIM.
> >
> > what i intended to means: if we dot do input through qt-immodule,
> > will it works smoothly throuh xim (aka does current scim and uim
> > support xim) ?
>
> SCIM supports XIM well, but UIM's XIM support is broken.
> (Note: "scim-xim +UIM" work fine.)

that's fine then since:
- japanese requires scim-uim uim-applet packages
- korean requires ami package (but soon scim and scim-hangul instead)
- chinese requires scim-chinese scim-tables packages

> Most kde users type i18n words with "scim-xim +UIM" in Mandrake, so
> they don't need/test Qt-immodule.

let's say this'll be the next leading step for mdk10.1 and kde-3.3.2

we still have improved regarding CJK support (though there seems we
can improve further for other language for which scim/uim provides
input method)