[immodule-qt] Re: Re: A "deadline" for development?

Daisuke Kameda kaminmat at cc.rim.or.jp
Wed Aug 4 20:33:58 EEST 2004

LiuCougar <liucougar at gmail.com> wrote:

> > > It seems we should set up a "Task" system in which we can state what
> > > we would like to do and assign it to someone. After one task is
> > > finished we can just mark it in this system.
> > >
> > > AFAIK, FD.o does not provide this facility (SF.net does).
> > >
> > > Then what's your opinion?
> >
> > We can use freedesktop's Bugzilla facility to manage TODO items,
> > although it is called as a bug tracking system. See uim's
> > bugzilla as example.
> >
> > http://freedesktop.org/bugzilla/buglist.cgi?query_format=specific&order=relevance+desc&bug_status=__open__&product=UIM&content=
> Yeap, a good idea. It has all the required features.
>
> Then next we should fill our "bug list" ourselves... Ah oh, I just
> find out that imm-qt does not appear in the FD's bugzilla... we have
> another issue of higher priority to deal with first...

I think that it is good to work in following order.

First, we list all required work. Second, the priority of those work is decided.
Especially, the priority of work which a big change takes place to the code
should be made high. Third, we decided the function which we want you to take
in Qt4 Technical Preview Release 2 from the priority.

It is desirable to adopt all the big changes on Technical Preview Release 2.
For the realization, it is ideal to port those changes on Qt4 within the
beginning of this month.

Till then, I think it enough to write to Wiki.

What do you think of these my opinions?

--
Daisuke Kameda <kaminmat at cc.rim.or.jp>