[immodule-qt] Re: Re: A "deadline" for development?

Lars Knoll lars at trolltech.com
Fri Aug 6 11:23:07 EEST 2004

On Friday 06 August 2004 01:04, YamaKen wrote:
> At Thu, 5 Aug 2004 15:34:48 +0200,
>
> lars at trolltech.com wrote:
> > On Thursday 05 August 2004 14:58, Zhe Su wrote:
> > >   Alright. But Is it possible to add the ability to distinguish left
> > > and right ctrl/alt/shift key events?
> >
> > That should be possible. I'll add it to my todo list.
>
> I had heard that some platform cannot distinguish the left and
> right one. So I regard the unified modifier keys of Qt is
> intended feature to ensure sourcecode portability. Isn't it?

It's there since long. At least on Windows and X11 we can distinguish both
keys. I'll have to check on Macintosh.

> Or you are meaning introducing some flags in QKeyEvent that
> indicates left or right in addition to unified Key_Shift?

Most probably it will be an additional flag. Most applications only care about
Shift being pressed, and not which one. It's only some special purpose apps
that need this additional information.

Best regards,
Lars