[immodule-qt] Re: Re: A "deadline" for development?

YamaKen yamaken at bp.iij4u.or.jp
Mon Aug 9 11:44:20 EEST 2004

At Sat, 07 Aug 2004 14:17:38 +0900,
kaminmat at cc.rim.or.jp wrote:

> Lars Knoll <lars at trolltech.com> wrote:
>
> > By the way, if you need any changes to QKeyEvent in Qt 4 to make your work
> > easier, please tell me. We can still do changes in the way we set up our key
> > events to make things easier for you. Like that we have a good chance that
> > you will not need to use the x11EventFilter.
>
> I also think it ideal that the necessity of x11EventFilter() is deleted.

I don't think so. x11EventFilter() is required for XIM. What we
should do is only describing 'this function should not used by
ordinary input method'.

> For that purpose, XEvent needs to be reconstructible from elements,
> such as QEvent. But, I felt that it is unrealizable in Qt.

Reconstructing XEvent from QEvent is not clean design. We should
not do so.

Although x11EventFilter() can be removed by such design,
internal codes will be cost ugly complexity. We should prefer
straightforward design and substantial simplicity.

YamaKen  yamaken at bp.iij4u.or.jp