[immodule-qt] Re: New patch has been released for testing

YamaKen yamaken at bp.iij4u.or.jp
Tue Aug 17 09:50:45 EEST 2004

At Sat, 14 Aug 2004 14:59:49 +0900,
yamaken at bp.iij4u.or.jp wrote:
> At Thu, 12 Aug 2004 16:01:44 -0700,
> Karl.Park at Sun.COM wrote:
> > I think it is worth to note that libraries
> >
> > under $QTDIR
> > plugins/inputmethods/libqimsw-none.so
> > plugins/inputmethods/libqimsw-multi.so
> > plugins/inputmethods/libqsimple.so
> > plugins/inputmethods/libqxim.so
> >
> > should be copied to $prefix/plugins/input.
> >
> > the directory name inputmethods made me wonder if the input context
> > plugin's location has changed from 'plugins/input' to
> > 'plugins/inputmethods':-)
>
> Oops, I was not aware of the problem.
>
> I suggest renaming the install directory $prefix/plugins/input
> to $prefix/plugins/inputmethods. I had kept the name
> $prefix/plugins/input for backward compatibility, but it's less
> beneficial for us than renaming.
>
> Although 'make install' installs the plugins into
> $prefix/plugins/input, We should consider following problems.
>
> - Non-official install script may assume
>   <destdir>/plugins/inputmethods because
>   <srcdir>/plugins/inputmethods exists.
>
> - difference of the names between source and install directory
>   may confuse developers and users

I've changed so in revision 94. Developers and packagers, please
replace the install directory in your script.

r94 | yamaken | 2004-08-17 15:38:27 +0900 (Tue, 17 Aug 2004) | 9 lines

* plugins/src/inputmethods/imsw-multi/imsw-multi.pro
* plugins/src/inputmethods/simple/simple.pro
* plugins/src/inputmethods/imsw-none/imsw-none.pro
* plugins/src/inputmethods/xim/xim.pro
  - Change plugin directory from $QTDIR/plugins/input/ to
    $QTDIR/plugins/inputmethods/
* changes.immodule
  - Add a description for the change of plugin directory

YamaKen  yamaken at bp.iij4u.or.jp