[immodule-qt] (From Yukiko) uim-skk doesn't seem to work properly

UTUMI Hirosi utuhiro78 at yahoo.co.jp
Tue Aug 17 14:02:13 EEST 2004

Hi,

Yukiko tested Qt immodule. Thanks Yukiko! :-)

She said:
http://archives.mandrakelinux.com/cooker-i18n/2004-08/msg00138.php
-------
Hi,

On Monday 16 August 2004 19:15, Thierry Vignaud wrote:
> could you also provide us a screenshot of any working demo/applets/*/
> applet from j2sdk ?

Here you are. :)
http://www.h4.dion.ne.jp/~apricots/mandrake/java.png

The URL of the torture test page:
http://www.verostko.com/turing-f0.html

> we're using j2re-1.4.2_04-1mdk and j2sdk-1.4.2_04-1mdk.i586.rpm

It didn't work with 1.4.2_03-?mdk.i586.rpm if qt-immodule was installed, but
there seems to be no problem with j2re-1.4.2_05-1mdk and
j2sdk-1.4.2_05-1mdk.i586.rpm.  I upgraded to them today.

The nicest thing about qt-immodule for me is, the candidate window shows up
just below a pre-edit string.  And dead keys work fine with Simple composing
input method.  Using SCIM and UIM together in Mandrake, I personally have no
problem in terms of switching among input methods or using dead keys, but not
all programs will be supported by SCIM.;)

However, I have noticed two problems.

1. uim-skk doesn't seem to work properly.  When I use this input method via
uim-qt, pressing the next candidate key commits the first candidate.  And the
Enter key does a strange thing both via uim-qt and scim-qtimm...
http://www.h4.dion.ne.jp/~apricots/mandrake/uim_skk.png

2. I can't seem to use any input methods in Opera... :'(

Did I do something wrong???

Thanks.

Yukiko
-------