[immodule-qt] potential issue of the latest patch

LiuCougar liucougar at gmail.com
Tue Aug 17 22:21:38 EEST 2004

On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 14:57:44 +0900, YamaKen <yamaken at bp.iij4u.or.jp> wrote:
> No additional validation is required for startup process. We
> only have to check mtime at startup in most case. See following
> pseudo code to see what is my intention.
>
> if (mtime_list < mtime_plugin_dir) {
>   // (1) Run qt-query-immodules (or equivalent embedded code) to
>   //     update the input method list
> }
> // (2) Always read and parse the list to construct the popup
> //     menu. This part is not involving plugin loading
>
> Or you're meaning an optimization for (2) using some
> inter-process data sharing of the list to avoid file reading?
I think we may consider some optimization for (2), although kernel
will cache the content of files internally. I think maybe it is better
if we can share the list in all apps. (I do not know how to achieve
this in a quick/easy way)

If this introduces too much complexity, then I think we should just
read the file at each startup.

Regards,
- Old Chinese adage