[immodule-qt] Porting to Qt4

YamaKen yamaken at bp.iij4u.or.jp
Tue Aug 24 01:23:53 EEST 2004

Hi Cougar, Takumi,

At Mon, 23 Aug 2004 19:44:50 +0000,
liucougar at gmail.com wrote:

> Thanks for your work.
>
> I just wonder when we will release next stable patch for Qt 3.3.x ?

2 conditions are remaining.

1. recovery of our svn repository
2. decide some design considerations (waiting for Takumi)

Many code fragments have to be backported into Qt3 trunk from
Qt4 branch, mainly to make immodule plugins source compatible
between Qt3 and Qt4.

But our repository is stalling from 2 days ago. Any svn commands
that requires server communication are stalled. We cannot
update, log, commit, and so on. Only our immodule-qt repository
is suffering this unfortune. Other project repository such as
uim is working properly.

This malfunction cannot be recovered by normal recovery process
such as 'svnadmin recover' or 'db_deadlock'. Now I'm in a boring
debugging process.

my debugging memo (sorry, written in Japanese):
http://slashdot.jp/journal.pl?op=display&uid=12605&id=245328

Takumi, please reply your opinions to following mails. Otherwise
we will go to our own way.

** under discussion (urgent)
- introducing QT_IM_SWITCHER environment variable (waiting for Takumi)
  http://freedesktop.org/pipermail/immodule-qt/2004-August/000414.html
  http://freedesktop.org/pipermail/immodule-qt/2004-August/000416.html

** under discussion
- we want something to know available input method names
  (waiting for Takumi, Kazuki)
  http://freedesktop.org/pipermail/immodule-qt/2004-August/000418.html

> On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 17:15:23 +0900, YamaKen <yamaken at bp.iij4u.or.jp> wrote:
> > Hi all, I've ported our code into Qt4 initially.
> >
> > Ported code has been released as patch file since our svn
> > repository is not properly working from yesterday.
> >
> > Download qt-x11-immodule-qt4.0.0-tp1-20040822.diff.gz from
> > following page and please review it.
> >
> > http://immodule-qt.freedesktop.org/Software/ImmoduleQtDownload
> >
> > Lars, is QIMEvent handling of QTextEdit implemented in Qt4 head?
> > If so, I'll suspend the development for the class and wait for
> > preview2.

Regards,
YamaKen  yamaken at bp.iij4u.or.jp