[immodule-qt] Send IMEnd event on reset

Daisuke Kameda kaminmat at cc.rim.or.jp
Fri Dec 10 16:17:19 EET 2004

Choe Hwanjin <krisna at kldp.org> wrote:

> I think that in QInputContext::reset(), input context should send IMEnd
> event with returned string.
> If it does not send IMEnd event, when user click mouse to change focus to
> another widget, preedit string has gone away.
> I think last preedit string has to be commited on focus changing.
> So sending IMEnd event on reset function is needed.
>
> I attach the patch.

Thank you for indication.

But, I think that we should leave the processing when receiving reset
to XIM server. In my memory, since the specification of XmbResetIC is not
clear, last preedit string may be commited doubly.

If there is no danger that it will happen, I adopt it.

Regards,
--
Daisuke Kameda <kaminmat at cc.rim.or.jp>