[immodule-qt] Does QT 4 beta 1 support IM modules

Anuradha Ratnaweera gnu.slash.linux at gmail.com
Wed Dec 22 16:32:08 EET 2004

On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 22:41:05 +0900, Daisuke Kameda
<kaminmat at cc.rim.or.jp> wrote:

> When I checked source, there was a part of file created in our project.
> It seems that the part was adapted although the contents were not checked.

Ideally, once the language support patches / extensions done by
localization groups are added to mainstream, they don't have to worry
much, because all the distributions will automatically pick them up.
However, we can always request distributions to "backport" some of
them so that they appear early.

But as for binary incompatible patches, we can't do it.  And that's
exactly the case with the full immodule patch for QT.  What we do is
to maintain binary incompatible versions of every package that depen
on QT ... :-(

We are patiently waiting for QT 4 (hence KDE 4) to come out, so that
our languages will be supported out of the boxes without compiling.
That's why we are very specific about surrounding text support.  Hope
it will be in QT4 final.

One last question for Lars:  Is Troll Tech planning to make QT 4 final
binary compatible with QT 4 beta?

> By the way, I am going to resume work from an end this week.

        Anuradha

--

http://www.linux.lk/~anuradha/