[immodule-qt] Current Qt 4 status

Daisuke Kameda kaminmat at cc.rim.or.jp
Wed Nov 17 09:07:51 EET 2004

Thank you for explanation detailed enough for judging what is necessary.
But, I have one question.

YamaKen <yamaken at bp.iij4u.or.jp> wrote:

> > I have removed the setMicroFocusHint() method and instead rely on the input
> > method to query the information it needs using inputMethodQuery() as this
> > makes it a whole lot easier to implement IM enabled widgets.
>
> It will cause a problem in some cases.
>
> For example, some input methods may want to show its auxiliary
> widget adjacent to cursor always regardless of existence of
> preedit. In this case, the notification from the widget is
> required to know cursor moving because no other trigger to
> activate the input context will occur.

I think that it is enough to acquire required information whenever
auxiliary widget is displayed, in order to solve this problem.
Is this idea insufficient?

P.S.
Somehow, seemingly, freedesktop.org was compromised.
We need to look for somewhere else, in order to argue immediately and openly.
If you know good place, I want you to teach.

--
Daisuke Kameda <kaminmat at cc.rim.or.jp>